Did you know Microsoft recommends using a 3rd party vendor for M365 data backup and protection?
The following are 6 reasons why:
- Protection against accidental or intentional data loss: While Microsoft 365 provides some level of data protection, it is important to remember that Microsoft is not responsible for protecting your data against accidental or intentional data loss. In case of accidental deletion, a third-party backup solution can help you quickly recover the data.
- Compliance requirements: Certain industries and organizations are required to retain data for a specific period of time due to compliance requirements. A third-party backup solution can help you meet these requirements.
- Data retention policies: Microsoft 365 has its own data retention policies, which might not align with your organization’s data retention policies. With a third-party backup solution, you can define your own data retention policies.
- Protection against cyberattacks: Cyberattacks such as ransomware can cause a lot of damage and result in data loss. With a third-party backup solution, you can quickly recover your data in case of a cyberattack.
- Granular recovery: A third-party backup solution can provide granular recovery options, allowing you to restore individual items or specific sets of data rather than restoring the entire backup.
- Reducing Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO): Third-party backup solutions can provide faster RTO and RPO than Microsoft 365’s native backup options.
Overall, using a third-party backup solution can provide additional protection, flexibility, and control over your data backup and recovery strategy, which is essential for organizations of all sizes.